Kadıköy: Haydarpaşa station was built in 1908 as the starting station of the Baghdad Railway. The bronze statue of the bull was created in 1864 by the French sculptor Isidore Jules Bonheur. The statue has often been referred to as the symbol of Kadıköy and an important meeting place.
Sirena Yachts x Ada Tuncer
By combining our own passion for art with our outspoken support for the artists who create it, we are launching a sustainable project that will appeal to our art-loving customers.
The project aims to help introduce a new artist to a wider audience each year and help encourage the creation of art and help to sustains it for many years to come.
To launch our project, we began to collaborate with our first artist, Ada Tuncer. Our artist is proud to present a special selection of her work, designed around the theme "Istanbul Heritage," and focuses on historical places and heritage sites.
The selection represents the many heritage districts of Istanbul that each lend their unique flavor to make up the whole of the great city, including districts such as Galata, Kadıköy, Karaköy, Eminönü, Taksim, Üsküdar and such timeless sites as the Serpent Column, the Theodosius Obelisk, the City Walls of Istanbul, the Topkapı Palace, the Basilica Cistern, the Medusa Statue, the Galata Tower, the Haydarpaşa Railway Station, the Bull Statue, the Maiden's Tower and details from İlhan Koman's Mediterranean sculptures. In the works, these details are accompanied by Istanbul's cats, seagulls, trees, and tulips.
The selection, numbering just 900 pieces, will also have the benefit of being a limited collection that will increase in value over the years.
Ada Tuncer was born in Izmir in 1989. She studied cinematography at Mimar Sinan University. In her studio in Beyoğlu, Galata she works in the fields of painting, illustration, graphic design and jewelry design. The joint practice of these activities and the interaction between them is the fundamental dynamic of the production process.
- 2021, Contemporary Istanbul, mixed exhibition, Ambidexter, Istanbul.
- 2020, Running with the Wolves, mixed exhibition, Eksi Bir, Istanbul.
- 2019, Step Istanbul, mixed exhibition, Tomtom Kırmızı, Istanbul.
- 2018, Ambidextrous Group Show, mixed exhibition, Ambidexter, Istanbul.
- 2017, To Cut, personal exhibition, Tab Gallery, Istanbul.
- 2016, Temple, personal exhibition, Poligon “The Shooting Gallery”, Istanbul.
- 2016, Indie Line, mixed exhibition, ArtSümer, Istanbul.
- 2011, Destroy Istanbul, mixed exhibition, Neurotitan Art Gallery, Berlin.